WPS now offers an online psychiatrist locator, where the
public can search for a psychiatrist based on criteria such
as: certifications, location, special interests, types of
patients seen, and treatments.
To use this valuable service, click here and click Login,
using the guest password and ID provided.
The compilation below comes from Iona's free Bi-Weekly Resource Digest e-newsletter, which also includes information about professional educational events of interest to geriatric social workers and others. Anyone interested in subscribing may contact Leland at LKiang@Iona.org.
Find a physician by health insurance accepted
Find a physician who accepts Medicare via Medicare's website or Zocdoc.
Find a physician who accepts Tricare
Find physicians accepting a variety of health insurance plans via Zocdoc
Find a house calls physician
- Capital House Calls (formerly Capital Health Advocates) serves seniors throughout DC, and parts of MD. For more information, call 240-744-0001.
- GW Medical Faculty Associates program serves seniors in zip codes 20005, 20007, 20008, 20015, 20016, and 20037. For more information, call 202-741-2191.
- Providence Hospital Medical Housecalls Program serves seniors throughout DC. For more information, call 202- 683-4340.
- Washington Hospital Center's Medical Housecalls Program serves seniors living in DC zip codes 20001,20002, 20009, 20012, 20017 and 20018. For more information, call 202-877-0576
- Capital House Calls (formerly Capital Health Advocates) serves seniors in Montgomery County, parts of Prince George's County, and the district. For more information, call 240-744-0001.
- DocTalker serves seniors and non-seniors throughout Northern Virginia.
Search for member physicians of the American Academy of Home Care Physicans
Find a sliding scale physician
Find an LGBT friendly physician